The questions continue…..
Question Two: What’s the strangest thing you’ve used as a bookmark?
- Sugar/Sweet’N Low™ packets
- Bills (paid/unpaid)
- Tissues (crumpled but clean)
- Dental Floss (clean–trust me)
- Credit Cards
- 45s (the Sixties)
- 8-Track Tapes (the Seventies)
- Mini Book Light
- Scarves (finished and unfinished) and/or knitting needles
- Cat (she wouldn’t sit still, however)
- Husband (he sat still for five minutes until he realized I wasn’t going to come back any time soon)
- Hotel Shampoo Bottles
- Cough Drops
- Cough Drop Wrappers
- College Transcripts
- Term Papers
- Other Books
To this day I still don’t know why I persist in grabbing fistfuls of freebie bookmarks at every librarian conference.
Question for Next Time: What do you hate about books?
Lesson Learned Dept: Sometimes being a smartypants librarian brings some unexpected surprises.