Okay; I’ll admit it–I’ve got blogger’s block. Why? Maybe it’s because for the past few weeks it’s been hotter than the underside of an overfed chihuahua in an argyle sweater. Or maybe because a few weeks ago I joined the upper ranks of the fortysomethings. Or, like most things involving writing, what for me started out as a lark has now turned into a….chore. The death knell was yesterday when I realized that spending an hour watering my garden was infinitely more desirable than firing up the laptop. So what to do?
I’m going back and focusing on the primal reason for blogging: to give the world a shotgun blast of personal goings-on and observations no one gives a crap about. Here goes:
- Despite all those articles in women’s magazines on just how much better self-tanning creams are these days, “better” means just a slightly darker shade of orange.
- After valiant three-hour struggle, I capitulated and downloaded Instant Replay by Dan Hartman
- The more fruit that is mixed into a tuna-salad sandwich, more expensive that sandwich will be.
- My Jungian archetype is Edith Prickley. Actually, I do realize she doesn’t fit the definition of a Jungian archetype. Krusty the Clown does.
- After a valiant five-minute struggle, I downloaded an entire album of disco classics. Damn you, $9.99 specially-priced download!!
- Thirty minutes on a stairmaster does not eliminate a 15-pound weight gain. It does, however, justify the large serving of french fries accompanying the overpriced tuna sandwich.
. Damn you, iTunes!!!
Be Careful of What You Blog: Uh–I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but in the last week, three librarians were arrested for an assortment of crimes, including
- trying to hijack a plane
- smuggling drugs into a prison
- allegedly having sex with teenage boys (technically she’s a library assistant, but hey–it’s close enough)
I didn’t think you folks would take me so seriously….
Next Time: The ALA vendor critique–I promise!