I get listed as one of the top 25 librarian bloggers, which is really, really…scary, come to think of it. Considering how little I discuss library issues these days, the only thing I can surmise is that you people are desperate for entertainment, at least during your last hour at the reference desk.
But take heart: your boredom is my blogging panic. Herewith is my collection of information pu pus:”
- Darth Libris is making sure we’ll all be able to play Mario after the Apocalypse.
- Literary Graffitti in Unlikely Places Dept: “Archibald McLeish was here”. Spotted by my husband over the urinal in the bathroom at the base of the Iao Needle in Maui.
- Why my alma mater will always live up to its reputation.
- Are we the educational equivalent of the Hawaii Superferry?
- Is your significant other better than a book?
Sayonara to My Childhood Heroes Dept: Two women who’ve had an enormous impact on my childhood have passed away last week: Miyoshi Umeki and Madeleine L’Engle, who I blogged about a few years ago. Miyoshi stood out because in so many ways she reminded me of my mother, from the fact that she was of my mother’s generation, to her appearance in Sayonara. As for Madeleine? I’ll let my previous postings about her stand. I will soften my comments by adding that whatever her faults and transgressions, the ten-year old that still lives inside me will always love her. No matter what.