More things learned at ALA:
- Disneyland may be the Happiest Place on Earth, but Anaheim? Not so happy.
- Even celebrities visit Disneyland, or at least the restaurants in Downtown Disney.
- Stephen Abram is the quantum particle of librarianship, seeming to pop up in every location I visited. By the end of the conference I was half-expecting him to walk out of a stall in the women’s restroom (sorry Stephen, but you were that ubiquitous).
- I am very afraid of the Baker & Taylor cats, unlike this fearless soul. Despite my fear, I was shamed into a photo op with these furries of PR.
- An author humorously berated me for not knowing who he was (“I’m your public defender!”), even though we live in the same town. I promised to make it up to him by having speak at my institution. For gratis, of course.