It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted, but I have a slew of good excuses:
- I got older
- I planted tomatoes
- I had to rip out all the perfume inserts in three month’s worth of magazines
- I recently bought a three-inch thick memory foam pad for my bed, resulting in an irrepressible desire to lie in bed all day listlessly wondering from which country Angelina will adopt a slightly-malnourished-yet-adorable orphan next.
- Bought a new cell phone that lets me download ringtones
- Oh yeah–I had to recreate in excruiating detail ten years of work for my promotion and tenure review.
And since it’s been at least three hours since we’ve received a brangelina update, I finally broke down and decided to update my blog–besides, the line for Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo was just waaay too long…
And if you’ve stuck it out for this long, you’ve probably realized by now that I don’t really have much to say other than….I’ve got tibits!! Here we go:
- Cindy Sheehan: I have just one thing to say: she’s from “Vac-caville” (like “vacuum”), not “vaacaville”. And the name does not mean “cow town“. Trust me on this one.
- The believability ratio of UFOs, possession and government conspiracy theories is in inverse proportion to the conviction of people who, when asking for info at the reference desk, think they’re the sole focus of such phenomena. If only one of them even remotely resembled David Duchovny, I’d might be a bit more inclined to believe them.
- When, oh when will pants with waistlines that sit above the public bone reappear in our nation’s retail outlets? And to be able to wear those cute, knitted/crochet caps ala Ali McGraw without looking like (as my husband so lovingly pointed out) I’m chronically mentally ill….
- Despite everyone’s best efforts, I will never, ever read The Joy Luck Club. And I will silently repledge that to myself whenever someone mentions that book to me after I tell them a story about my mother. However, I will be inordinately impressed if you suggest Tales of the City instead…
Crankily yours until next time…..
What I’m Listening To: Once Upon a Time by Donna Summer. Can’t help it–my high school reunion is this week. So say something nice…