May is Asian-Pacific American Heritage month, which means libraries across the country have rolled out reading lists they hope give the public an insight into populations that has ties not only to Japan, Korea and China, but to countries and territories such as Guam, India, Vietnam, and Fiji. While some libraries are nailing the suggestions, others are…well, a little unclear on the APA concept. So if you’re tagged to come up with book selections for next year’s APAH event, … Read the rest
It’s going to be a scorcher!… Read the rest
Look for me and my library peeps at ALA Annual next week! #alaac14
Attention Mature Librarians! If you’re over 55 and able to straighten your crabbed fingers, please fill out our survey. It should take no longer than ten minutes, not including the times you nod off during the session:
1. How long have you worked as a librarian?
- Since the Beatles broke up.
- Not sure, but still waiting for the doughboys to come back from the front.
- Let’s see; does Paleolithic come before Neolithic?
- Pick a date that sounds old-timey