Hard to believe, I know.
- I won the Betty Crocker Homemaker Award for my high school. Seriously. Which means I have something in common with a certain ex-member of the SLA. And I don’t mean the Special Libraries Association.
- I was also a varsity shot putter in high school. I was the worst shot putter in the history of my league. Why did I do it? I have no excuse other than I actually bought my best friend’s (and fellow putter) line that it was a great way to meet guys. She was wrong.
- I’m double-jointed in the knuckles of my middle fingers, which means I’m great at grossing out kids and drunks at parties. Not at the same time, of course.
- As a child I lived in an old monastery, complete with moat, in England. It was off-base housing for Air Force families at the time. All I remember is being constantly scolded for playing too close to the moat.
- I can read upside-down text . According to attorneys and contract administrators alike, this is a skill to be treasured.