Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
Just want to wish everyone happy holidays out there in LibraryLand and beyond. I’ll be celebrating by hosting a dinner for select friends (i.e., the ones who broke down after several days of my wheedling). To commemorate the occasion, I’ll recreate the observation my mother made at the beginning of every holiday meal during my childhood:
Cook all day–gone, ten minutes!
Joyeux Noël, everyone–… Read the rest
The questions continue…..
Question Two: What’s the strangest thing you’ve used as a bookmark?
- Sugar/Sweet’N Low™ packets
- Bills (paid/unpaid)
- Tissues (crumpled but clean)
- Dental Floss (clean–trust me)
- Credit Cards
- 45s (the Sixties)
- 8-Track Tapes (the Seventies)
- Mini Book Light
- Scarves (finished and unfinished) and/or knitting needles
- Cat (she wouldn’t sit still, however)
- Husband (he sat still for five minutes until he realized I wasn’t going to come back any time
My friend Jerry recently blogged about a questionnaire posed to the UIUC library school faculty, sort of a get-to-know-us-as-just-plain-folks kind of thing, rather than a we-can-dash-your-career-dreams-in-a-wink scenario that so many of us fear, particularly after wrestling with C Programming for two straight semesters…. But I digress.
Jerry’s responses are very entertaining, but it made me think: why hasn’t someone come up with questions we’ve been dying to ask of our colleagues? The ones that reveal hella more about us … Read the rest